Aquascape® 300 Watt Pond Heater/De-icer
300 Watt Pond Heater/De-icer
Aquascape stainless steel Pond De-Icer is ideal for keeping a small hole opening the ice during cold winter months, and insures proper gas exchange helping keep fish alive during the winter.
It is important to leave a small hole open at the surface of the pond allowing for necessary gas exchange. In extreme conditions or gardening zones above zone 5 we recommend the deicer be used in conjunction with an Aquascape pond aerator.
- Keeps a small hole in the ice during winter months
- Helps increase pond oxygen levels
- Stainless steel construction prevents corrosion and cracking
- Integrated thermostat saves electricity
- Built-in LED light indicates when heater is in use (blue light means the unit is on; red light means it is off
Please note: the thermostat on the de-icer is set to turn off at 70°F or 21°C. The thermostat is a safety feature and not meant to turn off the heater when ice is not present.
What this means:
- Do not plug your de-icer in until ice has formed on the pond (and hasn't melted during the day).
- If the water temperature is 70°F or 21°C the de-icer will run.
- You may use a timer during winter so that the unit only runs for 12 hours per day.
- At our current hydro rates, you can expect the cost of running the de-icer 24 hours per day to be about $1 a day.