Zavlar Liquid Rubber
Liquid Rubber is a waterproofing product that is environ-mentally friendly, solvent free, non-toxic, odorless and water-based.
Uses: re-surface a worn rubber liner; repair a tear, rip, or hole in the liner; repair more extensive damage from a predator or rodent; seal a water fountain or terracotta pot; seal or repair a cement pond. Adheres to many surfaces including rubber liner, wood, metal, canvas, and concrete.
- Works best on older liner rather than new liner.
- Use in air temperatures between 15°C - 25°C.
- Do not apply to wet surfaces, in extremely high humidity, or when it’s raining.
- Use acetone to clean the surface. Then use soap and water to clean off the acetone. Finally, use light-grade sandpaper to clean the liner surface.
- The liner surface must be completely dry.
- Wear gloves and eye protection.
- Do not stir the liquid rubber.
- Liquid rubber is dark brown in colour. It dries black and when submerged in water turns dark brown.
- Cures in 24hrs during summer. Will be tacky even when cured. Apply second coat after 24hr.
- Use like contact cement to make a patch to repair a hole. Apply liquid rubber to liner and to patch, wait until the liquid rubber turns black, apply patch.